Monday, September 8, 2008

August Winners Of The “Meals For Squeals” Contest

The August winners of the Twisted Roads “Meals For Squeals” readers contest have been randomly selected and notified. They are Sammye Shipman of Oklahoma, and David Case of Pennsylvania. Each has been sent a $50 gift card to a chain restaurant located in their state. As contestants, each had their name submitted in a drawing every time they posted a comment (squeal) to a story on Twisted Roads, one of the most selectively factual motorcycle blogs on the internet.

Sammye (Granny2Wheels) Shipman is a well-known personality in the Motorcycle Views Forum, an accomplished long-distance rider, and an all-around pisser in general. Her ride is an 1100 V Star that she has put over 9k miles on this season alone.

Shipman was initially thrilled upon hearing that her name had been drawn for the dinner prize, then asked, “This is from Twisted Roads? Are they cooking dinner and mailing it to me or is this a case of Kraft macaroni and cheese? What's the joke?”

Sammye Shipman on her 1100 V Star
"Having dinner on Twisted Roads"

David Case is a member of the venerable Mac-Pac Eating and Wrenching Society and a committed BMW rider. Case loves nothing more than spirited run through backroads of Amish farm country or the deep woods of four neighboring states. Sometimes he tries to hit them all in one day. One of his most loved rides is an R80ST.

Said Case upon his prize notification, “I’ve never really won anything significant before. And I probably still haven’t.” Case claimed he was once selected by Twisted Roads to test the prototype of an inflatable seat, and put 200 miles on it before he realized it was one of those cushions that makes fart noises. 

David Case and his R80ST
This is what you get when you tell a Beemer rider "To smile."
Maybe it's the seat.

Jack Riepe, author of Twisted Roads, congratulated both winners, urging them to continue to read the blog, and to reenter the contest after a 90-day cooling off period.

“I am delighted to present the first of these monthly awards to these fine readers. Twisted Roads is written for motorcycle riders who appreciate stories with punch and a punchline,” said Riepe. The blog publisher then went on to deny that he was the mystery rider associated with the red German motorcycle, the Jell-O, and the sorority in recent headlines.

Once a month, two Twisted Roads readers who leave a comment (squeal) at the end of a story are randomly selected to win a $50 gift card to a chain restaurant in their state. For complete contest rules, go to  Have Dinner On Me!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why am I not surprised that the link for the contest 'rules' does not work?

DC said...

Contest Winner Case, here...

Thanks for the gift card, Jack. Something must have happened on the way to the UPS forum. It's either a liberal definition of "gift card", or a mix up of my package with a Russian alimony payment. The box I received contained a half-eaten box of crackers and a poorly written manuscript entitled, "Road Kill, Not Just For Breakfast". Maybe I'll mosey on down to the local soup kitchen, ...see if I can get something to go with these crackers.

(I'm kidding, of course. The card came as promised. Now all I have to do is locate the nearest "Chuckie Cheese") ;-)

DC said...

adk,
If you highlight and copy the link, then paste it in the url line of your browser, it will work.

Jack Riepe said...

Dear adk:

My sainted Irish grandmother, who would have taken you hostage in a minute, once said, "Jackie, me fine boy, some people aren't happy until they find a rat turd in their ice cream."

I want you to know that I went back, found my desk manual, and looked up the proper way to insert a live link. You have no idea how sorry I am that you're not standing here next to me, as I's insert it where it counted.

But it's time for me to make good my threat and tell the world your story, Mr. Adk. You're my project for tonight.

Fondest regards,
Jack

Jack Riepe said...

Dear Dave:

Russian alimony payments are made in one pound increments of flesh. I don't suggest you ingest any of of mine as the cuts were not "prime."

Enjoy your dinner. In fact, maybe we could arrange to have a picture taken of the shelter where you were able to redeem that card.

Fondest regards,
Jack

BMW-Dick said...

Dear Mr. Riepe:
I feel I've been bamboozeled into participating in a rigged competition. Both winners own working motorcycles; there is no provision in your contest for those of us who are "bikeless." You are heartless. I was hoping to sell the $50 meal card and use the money as a downpayment on a new bike.
Disappointed in Downingtown

Bloom said...

Well, at least I'm lucky in love. I had really hoped on winning that gift card. Guess I will have to come up with another creative idea for earning $50.00.

Signed,
Starving in West Grove

Jack Riepe said...

Dear Bloom:

I have many suggestions on how you can earn $50. But the card is the least compromising.

You are entered in the September contest now.

Fondest regards,
Jack