Saturday, March 27, 2010

Good Friends

It was 28º (F) when I got up this morning, with high of 49 predicted for late in the afternoon. On average, that is 25º colder than it has been most of last week. It was as sunny as hell though, and I briefly entertained the notion of going for a ride. That was when I discovered a fucking mouse in the garage had gotten into a plastic bin and chewed through my best pair of moderate cold-weather leather riding gloves. That little fuck is going to go for a ride in the shop-vac when I corner him. Do you think the neighbor's cat, who waits for every opportunity to take a piss in my garage, would catch this fucking mouse?

They are probably good friends.

The prelude for the “Second Annual Great Slider Ride” will be posted tomorrow.

©Copyright Jack Riepe 2010
AKA The Lindbergh Baby (Mac Pac)
AKA Vindak8r (Motorcycle Views)
AKA The Chamberlain -- PS (With A Shrug)

8 comments:

Woody said...

Dear Sir,

Something for you to ponder from my blog.

http://2zars.blogspot.com/2010/02/not-something-you-see-every-day.html

Canajun said...

Hate to break it to you Jack, but you never have 1 mouse. The entire extended family has probably taken up residence in your garage by now.
I also have it on good authority that a .22 works even better than a cat. Just make sure the bikes, cars, and family heirlooms are out of the garage first.

Electra Glide In Blue said...

Jack,
Thanks for the weather up-date, and the next door pussy news.
I like that sign over there on Woody's site.

Jack Riepe said...

Dear Woody:

I am not a cat person. While I love all creatures great and small, I have limited patience for those that shit in the house, with fish and birds being the exception, as both are generally contained in their own environment.

Cats, when allowed to roam free, are the #1 cause of death for songbirds, many of which are endangered. The cat next door is the #1 source of cat piss in my garage. I dream of causing a local cat piss drought and being recognized as the great song bird protector.

When I get my head straight today, I am going to creat an alternate "destinations" section to my blog and include your photography website. Please don't thank me now by running out and buying me something expensive. Wait until I actually do it.

Fondest regards,
Jack • reep • Toad

Jack Riepe said...

Dear Canajun:

A .22 is too good for for this feline and his rodent accomplice. I bought a flame-thrower yesterday. The directions seem pretty simple.

Fondest regards,
Jack • reep • Toad

Jack Riepe said...

Dear EGIB (Jeff):

The weather here today is cloudy and in the low 30's, with a forecast for rain. I have a pounding headache and was thinking of selling my soul to the devil, but she's at an art conference in Seattle.

Fondest regards,
Jack • reep • Toad

sgsidekick said...

Too bad we don't live closer. i have a terrific mouser!!

Chris said...

Great excuse for new gear! Knox makes decent cold weather glove with good protection that is high on my list when I go to replace my tourmasters.